Anywhere in Indiana, IN
We are representing a full service engineering, operations and regulatory and compliance services firm for the natural gas pipeline industry. Our client is currently seeking a Pipeline Technician in the Midwest who may reside in Kentucky, Indiana, or Illinois
- Operate and maintain natural gas pipeline systems in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) under CFR 49 Parts 191 & 192.
- Ability to immediately pass tests to become Operator Qualified in performing many tasks on natural gas pipelines.
- Must pass drug test and be subject to random testing.
- Performing leak surveys using a flame ionization unit.
- Inspect, test, and/or rebuild pressure regulators (pilot operated), odorization equipment, glycol bath heaters, pipeline valves, and cathodic protection systems.
- Record keeping of all testing and patrols.
- Utility line locates with pipeline location equipment.
- Gas compression operations and inspection.
- Routine maintenance to grounds of pressure reducing/meter stations.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of field experience operating natural gas pipeline facilities and equipment.
- Experience performing preventative maintenance and repairs on pressure regulators, valves, compressors, and bath heaters —- components of natural gas pipeline systems.
- Knowledge of PHMSA pipeline safety regulations and procedures for gathering, distribution, and transmission lines.
- Experience with the design and construction of natural gas pipeline systems is a plus.
- Willingness to travel overnight at least 50%.
Take the First Step Today
If you’re ready to make the first move toward a better career, connect with us to discuss opportunities that fit your skills and needs.